Here’s a great, short, sharp & succinct commencement speech from Dale Heydlauff that gets to the point. Tips:
- A strong work ethic;
- Polished communication skills matter;
- Always keep an open mind and embrace life long learning;
- Always respect what others can deliver;
- Learn to focus – be here now;
- Know thyself – your strength and weakness;
- Find and follow your passion;
- Cultivate a network of mentors and never hesitate to ask for advice; and
- Remember the serenity prayer.
Lastly, here’s a must read article from the Atlantic about the concept of genius.